Intended use :
100% genuine Finnish moss and sedge peat treatment mixture.
Therapeutic Peat is part of the Finnish folk tradition treatments. Peat has proven to be effective in treating skin problems, joint problems, muscle pain and sport injuries and in balancing hormonal activities. It is an excellent aid for weight loss and as cellulite treatment. In facial and hair treatments the peat has a reviving, cleansing and soothing effect on both skin and scalp.
This Therapeutic Peat is thousands of years old pure and clean peat. Peat has several caring properties that aid in e.g. stimulating metabolism and surface blood circulation, also cleansing toxins.
Instructions of use :
In warm peat baths the bioactive substances penetrate the skin, nurturing and reviving skin functions and promoting hormonal well-being. Wash up prior to bath. Mix peat in warm water :
- Full body bath : the whole bag
- Half body bath : 1/ 2 bag. For hormonal well-being we recommend a half body bath where water reaches only to the navel leaving upper body, hands and feet out of the water.
- Hand / foot bath : approximately 1/ 4 bag. Hand and foot care can also be performed by filling plastic bags with peat and placing hands/feet in the bags and then placed in warm water basins for approximately 15 minutes.
Recommendation : enjoy the bath for 15 to 20 minutes, for foot and hand bath 10 to 15 minutes is enough.
Finns traditionally use peat in the sauna where the effects are similar to the warm peat bath.
- Peat is recommended to use in the sauna (approximately 60°C),
- Apply a sufficient layer on cleansed and dry skin. Cover the whole body or areas to be treated.
- Leave on for about 20 minutes and make sure the peat does not dry out on the skin. The peeling effect can be enhanced by gently rubbing the peat on the skin.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Care packages and wraps :
Peat is used, as is clay, either warmed up for deep heat treatments or cold for treatment of inflamed areas. Care packages are excellent when treating stress, painful areas, muscle and joint injuries, skin problems or even infertility.
- Warm up in water bath for deep heat treatments: add the desired quantity of peat in plastic bag/container and heat up in water bath so that the peat reaches the temperature of approximately 40 degrees.
- Apply a layer of 1 cm to the area to be treated e.g. joint, eczema, strain injury or painful areas, hormonal belly or lower back areas.
- Cover the area with cotton or linen bandages, also plastic film is often used, and place a woolen cloth on top (e.g. scarf). Warm/cold Frantsila oat pillows can also be used on top.
- Recommended treatment duration : 20-60 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Facial mask :
Peat refreshes, reduces the appearance of pores, relieves swelling, deep cleanses, softens and moisturizes the skin. Peat can be used directly as warm as the room temperature for a refreshing and cool feel. It can also be warmed up for an enhanced effect: add desired quantity of peat in a container and heat up in water bath so that the peat reaches a temperature of approximately 40°C.
- Apply a thick layer of peat, 50-100ml, on cleansed skin to cover face and neck area. Avoid the areas around the eyes.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and ensure that the peat does not dry out.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Apply moisturizer e.g. Frantsila Midsummer Rose Nourishing Facial Cream or Rose Facial Oil.
Cellulite treatment :
Peat is excellent for toning up cellulite areas. Apply on area to be treated e.g. in the sauna and massage in strokes towards the heart. Alternatively use treatment wrap or peat bath. See detailed instructions above.
Precautions of use :
- We remind that for the hypertensive or persons with high blood pressure the same precautions as concerning heat (bath/sauna) should be taken into consideration.
- Peat treatment duration can be shortened when needed and instead of full body bath a half body bath can be enjoyed.
- Peat sauna is not recommended during pregnancy or for persons suffering from severe tumor illnesses.
- Drink plenty of water during peat treatments.
- For dry sensitive skin, we recommend using Frantsila Body & Massage oils for skin hydration after the peat treatment (e.g. Herbal oil, Carrot & Calendula oil or one of the Ayurvedic oils).
- Protect surfaces e.g. sauna seats when using peat - can cause stains.
- The peat should always stay humid during treatment and should NOT dry out on the skin !
Best preserved in a cool place. Do not freeze.
Tip : If the full package is not used at once, the remaining peat can be stored in the fridge. Cut a small hole in the peat bag, fill a recipient with the desired quantity and seal the bag with e.g. a paper clip (it is important that peat remains without direct contact with air when stored), and place in the fridge.
Note : Peat can be rinsed down the drain.
Product information in English
Informations du produit en français