Vitality from frantsila herbs
The main aim in the processing of Frantsila products is to preserve the healing powers of Finnish plants as much as possible. Finland´s pure nature, biological farming and optimal timing of harvesting and processing ensure the effectiveness of Frantsila herbal products.
The herbs of frantsila herb farm are unique :
- The herbs are organically grown at Frantsila Herb Farm and on a few other farms under controlled conditions and are certified organic.
- Wild herbs are gathered from unpolluted Finnish nature by selected gatherers, and also those herbs are certified organic.
- No herbs are gathered near cities or industrial areas or closer than 500 meters to any major road.
- The herbs are picked when they are at their best.
- Herbs are dried quickly at low temperatures to preserve their qualities and ensure good microbiological purity.
- Herbs are tested for effectiveness and microbiological purity.
- The herbal recipes are based on Finnish tradition, other herbal traditions and on modern herbal science.
- Herbs that have lost their aromatic or medicinal value are not used.
Principles of herbal processing at frantsila :
- At Frantsila the herbs are examined carefully and processed into herbal mixtures, extracts, spices and various skin care products.
- In producing the herbal extracts and ointments Frantsila uses gentle and time consuming extracting techniques so that sweet fragrances, subtle colors and vital energies are retained.
- The vegetable oils used are cold pressed; the majority of them are biologically grown.
- Only natural oils and plant products are used, which when absorbed through the skin bring beneficial results.
- Most Frantsila products are suitable also for sensitive people because the selected natural ingredients seldom cause allergic reactions.
- No animal testing is done by Frantsila. The only animal products used are beeswax, propolis, honey and lanoline (from wool), which cause no harm to the animals.
- Products do not contain mineral oils (paraffin, petroleum), silicates, artificial fragrances or colors.
- Frantsila wellness and skin care products fulfill the standards of European natural cosmetics.
- Frantsila dietary products carry the European Organic Agriculture label.
Finnish herbs have superior quality :
- Finland is one of the less polluted countries in the world.
- Long sunny days and cool nights give many herbs superior aromatic and medicinal content, compared with the ones grown in warmer countries.
- Research has revealed that herbs for instance from Central Europe contain 2-7 times more heavy metals than Finnish herbs.